Wednesday, October 8

Wordful Wednesday: T.C.B.Y.

Yesterday, I tried very hard to stay right in the moment. I have to say it was pretty tough-if for no other reason than it was Tuesday. I've nicknamed it Terrible Tuesday but I did try everything I could to turn it into a Terrific Tuesday.
I failed. On many, many levels.
BUT, because I like to focus on the good stuff that happens, here's a little photo snack of one of the things that was terrific about our Tuesday.
When Sophie woke up yesterday she was all cuddly and cute and started playing with me and Jackers. Then she said, "Mommy let's go back to sleep!" I didn't hestitate on that idea. It only lasted a second though and she was playing again. Then I mentioned we should stay in bed all day today. (If I'd stuck to that then I wouldn't have these pictures.)

But we did stay and play for almost another hour. We were daydreaming about what our day would look like if we just stayed in bed. Then the bed became a car, a boat, and an airplane. It even allowed us to grocery shop-while we invented a giant once over scanner for the groceries so we no longer have to use the conveyor belts and just leave all of the stuff in the bed/cart/car. It was so much fun and I really felt like yes-I stayed in the moment.
After many, many mishaps and meltdowns, just before BOTH of us were in tears I said, (to myself) "screw the rules, let's get an ice cream cone." It was 3:30 and I was supposed to be on my way home to start dinner.
We happened to be right next to a TCBY (The Country's Best Yogurt) when it I felt the compulsion for junk food right before dinner. Now I haven't been here in years and it was so fun to discover that not only was everything yogurt but most of it is 98% fat free--except for the sugar-free & fat-free version I was able to delight myself in.
This place rocked!
Sophie was happy. I was happy. and all was well in the Widloe World again.
Plus, this little afternoon snack encouraged me to for-go making dinner and head to the health club instead. So glad I did. I got in a great workout, and came home to make a nice healthy soup and sandwich dinner.
Phew! We made it through this day. Oh, and the frozen BLUE yogurt that managed to dribble all over Sophie DID come out of her sweatshirt last night. Phew--again. Oh, and Sophie only ate about 1/2 of this cone btw. Even kids have limits:)

For more WordFul Wednesdays please go over here to Angie's blog.

11 comments:

Honey Mommy said...

Love the blue tongue! It makes the ice cream cone look that much more fun!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a lot of fun...the blue tongue is priceless!! Isn't fun just laying around having those "mommy & kid" moments...

Live.Love.Eat said...

Love the colors come from all the yumminess!!!!!

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

So what flavor is that color? Sounds like fun!

Kelly said...

sometimes we have to throw caution to the wind and the rules out the window.
glad terrible tuesday was terrific tuedsday this week.

I tagged you over at my blog, check it out.

HUGS

tiarastantrums said...

GORGEOUS -and you are so brave to let ice cream cones in your car!

Burgh Baby said...

I have to admit that particular ice cream cone makes me CRINGE! The mess! The mess! OMG, Alexis would make such a HUGE mess!

You are a braver soul than I am, that's for sure.

Michelle said...

Those pictures are too cute!

AutoSysGene said...

How lucky are you to have a TCBY around you. They all closed down out by us. Is this where you had pumpkin ice cream...if so, yum!

I hope Wednesday was better then Tuesday!

Brandy said...

Great pictures! I always thougth TCBY stood for This Cant Be Yogurt ha ha guess I was wrong lol.

Wendy said...

I just love it when mommies break the rules! As for me.. I let my girls eat cookie dough and always saved icing for them to eat with a spoon. Those are things I never got to do so I rebelled and let my kids! Yeah TCBY!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!