Monday, July 21

Surprising Saturday and a Sweet, Simple Sunday

We have not only had the best weather lately, but everything that we have been doing on the weekends just seems so much fun and so completely normal! When Nate worked out of the house, he was gone for long hours and traveled a TON. Therefore the weekends usually consisted of him relaxing on Saturdays, and Sundays we scrambled to see people-go places-do things-basically stay very busy. Then it would be Monday and he would be gone leaving me and Sophie to do whatever it is we do.

Now that he is working from home---to use a term from mamageek WOWZA! Wonderful weekends. Blissfully, delightfully, NORMAL!!!!! I seriously used to dread them because they were so busy-NOT NO MORE! whoohoo!! Oh, and as a bonus, we keep finding more and more time to spend just talking. It's so crazy good-I had forgotten how much we make each other laugh. We're a couple again, hooray!

Saturday Nate surprised me by taking Sophie and Jack out to play for awhile while I got organized-I told them I would clean but I actually played on the computer and took a long shower. WHOOHOO! Then he did even better when he decided he needed some Daddy/Daughter time and took her out for the afternoon! Whoohoo! House to myself? That never happens. I was left with oh, nothing to do. Yeah right. BUT, instead of chores, I relaxed. I listened to music, read a bunch of blogs, and just played all afternoon long. IT WAS AMAZING! whoohoo again.

Sunday, we went for a drive. No big deal, but now that I no longer need a diaper bag it just seems so simple to hop in the car and see what happens. Nature called Sophie in the middle of the drive so we stopped at the first available place: Burger King. When done, we are back in the car and she goes, "I'm hungry. I've never had Burger King before." Say no more sweet pea! How fun. We had a little burger/milkshake party in the car as we continued our drive around town. (We looooooove to look at houses that we someday may want to buy.) whoohoo for Burger King! (I'm not so sure about the crown shaped chicken nuggets though-that did freak me out a little-Sophie too because she only ate 1/2 of one-jack got the rest. oh he was with us too.)

When we got home though Nate and I felt kind of gross after all that grease, so we went for a power walk around the neighborhood. It's like a million degrees out and 100% humidity, but it felt really good to sweat until we got the chills and drink a ton of water. Poor Jack was dying on the walk (we made him come with because he ate more junk food than we did--surprising I know~!) so we decided that we would let him swim in the ponds by our house to cool off. (we had to give him a bath anyway, so why not?) Got some fun pictures! He loves to swim. Sophie got a huge kick out of watching him. She had never seen him swim before.

Sophie was all excited because Nate just told her that she could skip rocks while Jackie swam. Jack was just about to jump in. He loves water!

I love that he is sticking his tongue out on this one!

Wow, two firsts in one day: Burger King and watching Jackie swim. Yeah for us.


I now officially LOVE the weekends!!!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!