Monday, July 14

Make-up Monday Part One: Saturday

I wish I had a picture of Sophie's little baby Barbies that she took to dinner on Saturday night. She colored their faces with the crayons the restaurant gave her and proudly looks over at me and says, "Look Mommy..Make-Up!" How fitting for today's post. But I forgot the picture. oops

We had a fantastic weekend. Saturday we managed to sneak in the pool for a couple of hours in between storms. The sun even came out for most of time we were there. Sophie is starting to really love swimming. She wears her little floaties all over the pool and just thinks she is 'Joe Cool Swimmer.' It's fun to watch. Now, if I can just get her to put her face in the water we will be on our way to actual swimming. She goes under water when she jumps in, and even though she doesn't breathe, she can't close her mouth because she is smiling so much. She loves it. But she won't voluntarily stick her head under. She's so much fun to play with though. I love going to the pool and now have an official Jamaica-Me-Tan!

So after the pool if was out for a family date. The three of us have not had a normal night out for dinner and the bookstore (our fave thing to do) in FOREVER! We decided that it was time to treat ourselves and just have a little fun. So, off we went. Now, I have nothing good to say about the restaurant,so I can't mention the name because that would be indiscreet (outback. outback steakhouse.) But, Nate and I had to be those people and send our dinners back to the kitchen. It was the worst prime rib we had ever tasted. Seriously. Shame on them for serving it. By the time the plates were cleared Sophie was done with her dinner, and once she finishes we have about a 10 minute window before she will literally start doing laps around the place. So we didn't have time to get something else. Wahh! We left hungry.
We headed off to Barnes and Noble to salvage the night. Once we got over our disappointment I reminded Nate that now instead of wasting money on dinner (the manager didn't make us pay for them) we can fill up on lattes and buy Sophie a new book. Hooray! I was excited; Nate wanted his steak. At least one of us was happy.

Sophie refused to go potty when we first arrived, but once I had my hands full of coffee, 2 books, milk and a cookie for her, she decides she has to go. Great. I left the books and the little duck Sophie wanted on the table, scooped up the drinks and cookie and off we went. By the time we got back to the table, the books and duck were gone. Sophie was devastated. She really, really, wanted the duck. Really. I didn't mind because it was on clearance for like $2.00, but she was so sad that someone had taken it away. We didn't know where either, because she found it in a place it wasn't supposed to be. She proceeds to start collecting every stuffed animal she saw and said, "I'll just get this one instead." Oh no you won't. I'm not going from a $2.00 duck to a $15.00 elephant. I grabbed the books off the shelf and tried to distract her, but it didn't work. A kid who worked there finally came over by us and asked if we needed anything. I told him what happened and sent him on a mission around the store to find the duck. He made Nate laugh when he goes, "Wow, they took your duck. That sucks." It was the way he said it. So nonchalant, but to the point; I guess you had to be there. Anyway, he found it, and the Widloe family date was salvaged! Phew!
Sophie was so happy she tried to climb a tree:


Nate: Soph, you can't really climb it; it's a wall.

Sophie (sitting back down): Yeah, I guess you're right.
Whenever she says something an adult would say we crack up! She then proceeded to sing at the top of her lungs on the little stage they have and recite one of her favorite books. I got some of it on camera, so I will get that on youtube shortly and post when it's ready.

All in all, we had a good time. It had been months since we all dressed up a little and went out together. We really needed it. Oh and the books we picked up were: Fancy Nancy's Favorite Fancy Words (the 4th in the series and an ABC book); and Harry by the Sea (she has all of the Harry's and just loves that little white dog with black spots.)

Stay tuned for Part Two: Sunday








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!