Thursday, July 10

The going on's of our summer.....

It occured to me this afternoon as my mind was wandering while trying to get Sophie to nap that you may not really know what we are up to this summer. I was thinking about a couple of my fave bloggers and I totally know what you are up to: YOU are recouping from a move away from the famous acre; YOU are preparing for an unexpected vaca after recovering from brutal surgery; YOU had a lovely 4th of July party and finally got to see your oldest guy come home from the beach before heading off for a mini-vaca; YOU are upset because you didn't get to quack and had a non-reportable holiday even though the grand-p's were around and your little one made out for the first time (hahahaha--that makes me laugh!!--oh and i got this little blog technique right from you.) YOU are ..... well the question for you is what are you NOT doing with your clan -you are so busy I get tired just reading about it, but you do have a fantastic 4th of July tribute going on; and YOU are having lots of green (adorable )and public (hysterical) tinkle troubles while dressing your kids in the cutest patriotic digs; and YOU have finally blasted back on to the blogger scene with a little humility, a picture of the cutest haircut in the world, and even some compliments for me-whoohoo! You rock too !!!)

So the question is...what in the world am I doing? Not much. Sophie and I have had one lazy summer-so far-...........
Our days usually start around 10 AM. I am most likely up earlier having fun on my computer chugging my morning joe. Once up and brushed, we either head to the pool, head outside to the park, or if on Wednesday we head over to Grammy's so Mommy can have a day to herself. That's it. Nothing else. Now, with the holiday over the past weekend we threw in a couple of bbq's and a carnival with fireworks, but nothing really exciting.
We have made quite a few BIG changes though. Sophie still naps occasionally, but they are definitely on the outs. Today she fell asleep holding my hand and I swear I could feel my heart bursting because I know these days are numbered.
We are officially potty trained and all grown up. Sophie's favorite part of the whole undees thing is she gets to pick them out each morning. She still wears diapers at night, but today informed that she no longer wanted to do that. We went out and bought her some 'big girl' underJams just until her bladder gets a teenie bit bigger--or she starts sleeping in her own bed--so I can save our big bed from having to be changed everyday.
So for the rest of the summer we are going to concentrate on two things: swimming and reading. Sophie wants to learn how to write her letters AND she has told me she wants to go to school. **sigh** She's trying to be like all the other kids-I can't blame her for that-but jeez she is growing so fast!
I've already mentioned the bike riding, gum chewing, and play dates without mommy, so that should just about wrap things up.
There you have it. One long boring summer for us. I am absolutely not complaining though. I wouldn't trade jobs with anyone in the world -for any amount of money either. I really love the way things are right now. If I could just figure out a way to get my skin from peeling after my wicked burn, I'd be perfect.

Sophie's vocabulary is started to take a very fun little turn and I'm trying really hard to remember what she says, but we laugh too much to write it all down.
Last night was this:
Daddy: Soph, what did you do at Grammy's today?
Sophie: Daddy, I just pooped in her toilet.
whoohoo for underwear! whoohoo for no more diapers. *sigh* I honestly never minded them.

OK, that's all I got. Photostory Friday is up and ready. Be nice-please. That's all I've got to say on that one.
TTFN!

1 comment:

Crazymamaof6 said...

aren't you sweet!?! sounds like the perfect fun summer. not boring at all! just the right kinds of fun for you two! WHOOHOO for potty trained. i highly covet. since i am a potty training failure with my almost 4 year old! as i hang my head in shame.
carnival with FIREWORKS? are you kidding? that is ONE SPECTACULAR 4th! LUCKY!
i need to get on my photo story friday. can't wait to read yours! way to go getting it done early!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!