Thursday, January 22

PSF: It's official:)

Sophie's smarter than me,
AND she's not even 4 yet! Here's the evidence:


(at dinner last Sunday, pizza night) Sophie: Can I have a root beer too?

Me: Sure kiddo, just leave it at the table, please don't take it in the family room.

Sophie: Why not?

Me: Because it might spill.

Sophie: You take yours in the family room, annnd I've seen it spill!

Want to know how my outstanding, patient, spectacular, self answered?
Because I said so~! Then I went on to calmly yet matter-of-factly say, "When you pay the bills, feel free to do whatever you want. Until then I say." (like I'm some sort of big shot)

When did I turn into my parents?
big heavy sigh.

The picture doesn't match the story, but I was just too plain flabbergasted during that particular moment to snap a pic of her brillance, so I choose a more happily-go-lucky one this week. THis one cracks me up with those ears!





PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

13 comments:

Robyn said...

LOL, I think that everytime something parent like come out of my mouth too.

AutoSysGene said...

It's only a matter of time...we ALL say "because I say so..." at one time or another...

At least that's what I tell myself :)

Chris said...

Is she a bowler? Cool!

As for your response -- I say we've earned the right to give the answers our parents used to give us.

Anonymous said...

Aw, man, I hate it when they start getting smart! I'm always hearing myself say things like, "Well, I dunno, Little Bear, just BECAUSE, okay?"

Kelly said...

I think the same thing on an almost daily basis. (& I hate it) ;)

cute pixture. love the outfit. :)

tiarastantrums said...

hee hee - I found myself saying the other day "because I said so" I used to HATE that as a child and I vowed to never say it - took me 7 years! argh!! I just didn't want to take the time to explain!

Missy said...

I am my mother. It happened sometime over the past couple of years. I denied it at first, but I am okay with it now.

I SO want to take my kids bowling now. How fun!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Ha, I think I think the same thing far too often as well (OY)! Oh how I love that pose she's striking, what a little model!

Valerie said...

She is so cute! I have asked myself that same question. I have said the same exact thing to my daughter. It's funny how we mimic our parents huh? lol

jane said...

Yeah. That's what I want to know. The number of times I've heard myself saying things my mother said to me... It's plain scary.

BTW, I was wondering why your angel was all wintery-looking & I realised that just because it's 40+degrees celcius *here* doesn't mean that the northern hemisphere is suffering, too.

D'oh!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Too funny!

Anonymous said...

LOL Sissy!

scrappysue said...

firstly - CONGRATULATIONS!!! secondly - love those pancakes!!! take care and be well

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!