Friday, January 2

Call me Dorothy.

I am soooooooooo not in the mood to re-enact the Wizard of Oz right now.
Tell that to my stupid cable provider. Not only was my internet down for over a week over Christmas, but it turns out that I had the capabilities of fixing it myself ALL ALONG. Sometimes you have to learn it for yourself--stupid ruby slippers.
So, all of my 25 days of Christmas posts will have to be Christmas memory posts instead. If I get to them.

In the meantime, I've got a birthday to get ready for--Sophie is turning 4! LOTS of big changes coming--YIKES! Now that the house is calm, Christmas is erased, cookies are consumed, and bellies are flopping ALL over the place, I am ready to tackle the new year.

One thing needs to stay the same though- the look of this blog. I just don't feel myself with any other look--AND--I can only handle so much change at once. Need to tread softly here, we are moving in to new uncharted territory. Pre-kindergarten. Not just preschool, but she's actually going to be a Pre-K kid. Holy cats. Holy Holy Holy cats, Scarecrow!

Stay tuned.
Oh, and Happy New Year! I can't wait to see what '09 brings --whoohoo for clean slates!

Here's one for the road: Sophie was so excited to help me bake over Christmas that on this night she couldn't keep her mouth closed or her arms down. The jokes on her though because no matter how she poses I still think she's fantastically sparkling. (You can click on the picture to see an up-close view--it's a little small in the post.)


OK maybe not-well just squint your eyes. What in the world did I do to P-O my computer anyway?

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the look of your blog and see no reason for it to change. :)
I've missed you and I am so glad that your internet is back. Sorry that you were able to fix it and did not know it. That happened with our cable (twice), we are slow learners I guess. ;)
Happy 2009 to you too. I hope it is your best year yet.
CJ will be 4 too...(in April). Where does the time go. I am sure Sophie will LOVE pre-k. CJ will go in the fall to pre-school/pre-k.
Have a great weekend.

Kelly said...

I forgot...I love the pictures of Sophie. She is such a beautiful girl. You can see in all of her pix just how happy she is. She is full of life.

::Ali:: said...

Hi! I am Ali, wife and momma of two.. I stumbled onto your blog and am really enjoying reading it.. I also really love the look..and your lil girl is soo precious!!
Happy New Year to you and your family

Anonymous said...

I've never quite been sure... what is the difference between preSCHOOL and preKindergarten? Is Sophie excited?

Robyn said...

We have 4K here.
I don't know how I ever lived before the computer-meaning internet since I have had some sort of computer since grade school.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have enjoyed reading your blog very much! My name is Jenna and I work for Carus Publishing Company. We publish 14 Award-Winning Children's Magazines! I would love to send you and Sophie some copies of our a few of our magazines (Cricket, Spider, and Ladybug) if you would like to write a review of what you read? Let me know if you are interested!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!