Friday, August 15

PSF and a Guessing Game.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


They say that 50 is the new 30. Is it true?

The following is a list of tasks for a young woman to accomplish on her birthday.

1. Appointment at the hair salon for a cut and color.
2. Trip to the mall with friends for a 'power' shop--candles, perfume, make-up, cd's.
3. Late lunch at some non-healthy yummy restaurant.
4. Home for a strawberry themed birthday party from Cold Stone Creamery: strawberry blonde ice cream, strawberry shortcake pie, strawberry passion cake, and strawberry banana rendezvous.
5. Watch her favorite summer olympic finalists to see if USA wins more gold. (she only gets to do this every 4 years, the first (for her) being in 1976)

Can you guess her age?

I'll give you some more hints.......

The music on the CD Walkman while waiting for her color to take is OMD and The Church. Her perfume is most likely LAUREN by Ralph Lauren or POISON by Christian Dior. Her make-up will include zinc pink. Her cd's will most likely be a pick between Midnight Oil, INXS, Gun-N-Roses, Poison, Madonna, and Cheap Trick. Oh, and since she's a cheerleader at heart, she may look at Paula Abdul's, Forever your Girl.

Can you guess now? Does 1988 ring a bell for anyone?
If you guessed 15 (35) you'd be right!
There are only a few things different: no starbucks back then and today I will be on a hunt for the new coffee mug; I didn't even have a boyfriend when I turned 15 much less a husband; there's is no chance in h*ll I could still fit into my cheerleading uniform. sigh.

How fun is it that 20 years later I am still doing exactly the same things I did back in my teen years? Birthdays NEVER get old, just people! I hope I am still celebrating like this 20 years from now when I hit middle age;) (seriously 42 is my actual 'scary' year but I hope to push it back to 55--I would just love to make the centurian club someday!)

BUT, the good news is I'm not in high school anymore (THANK GOD) and here are a bunch of reasons why I would never go back................................................

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
painting with water colors with mommy for the first time. soooo fun!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Sophie is one serious arteast!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Hanging out with Mommy at Johnny Rockets-dancin' in the seats! The two of us bellied up to the counter to sit on the 'high' chairs and proceeded to spin in circles laughing our heads off.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
(trying to pick my nose--eeeewwwww!)
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
She didn't want me to interupt her singing with all of my picture taking!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Swimming in the pool turned to playing in the rain turned to freezing in the air conditioning while watching an afternoon movie with her cousin Jamey.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Our latest trip to the zoo.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
I sooooo want to buy one of these picnic tables!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Sophie was actually chasing my shadow trying to stomp on my head.

Today I am truly -- truly grateful for growing 20 years mentally and a little physically (alright a lot physically), while stopping my emotional maturity from ever reaching adult status -- to achieve maximum longevity. So I suppose they are right about 50 being the new 30. The trick is just to simply ACT at least 20 years younger. How easy is that? Happy Birthday to me!

post signature

18 comments:

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Great pictures. Your daughter is a cutie-pie!

Indrani said...

Happy Birthday!
I like your spirits. :)

Claremont First Ward said...

Happy Birthday........the last paragraph is genius! The pictures are really cute, too.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday! I like that way of growing up and I wouldn't want to go back for nothing. :)

Cecily R said...

Susie! Happiest Birthday to you!!! I love everything about this post...EVERYTHING. The pictures, the trip down memory lane (INXS and Guns RAWKED) and your growing up perspective. All. Of. It!!!

Sarah Brooks said...

Happy Birthday! What fun pictures!

Lindsay said...

Happy Bday! Funny how our kids have a funny way of making us feel REALLY old.

Oh, and can I buy a picnic table like that too??

Thanks for stopping by and checking us out!

Corey~living and loving said...

happy Birthday! LOve this post. Looks like some fun times. :)
Happy PSF!

scrappysue said...

happy birthday to you! great post. i'm 45 and still enjoying every birthday - as it should be!

tiarastantrums said...

great shots - I love the watercolor one !! HBD

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday. Johnny Rockets looks like a lot of fun. You daughter is beautiful.
I still listen to INXS every once and a while.

tommie said...

Happy birthday to you!! I do hope your birthday wish comes true.

I just turned 40 and still can't believe it.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Happy Birthday!

Burgh Baby said...

Happy, happy birthday! Shall I break out the NKOTB version of that song? :-)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Happy Birthday! You have such an AWESOME perspective. And I LOVE LOVE that shot of that paint - VERY nice job!

Helene said...

What a wonderful post...happy birthday!!!! Love the pictures! Your daughter is so cute and she looks like she's a lot of fun to hang out with!! That picnic table rocks!!!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Wow! That took me back. I'm 31 so I was into all that same stuff 20 years ago too. It doesn't seem like 20 years though...am I that old? haha! I think 50 is the new 30...so we've got a long way to go. :)

Great pics of your little girl. Hope you had a fun b'day. The strawberry goodies sound delish!!! :)

kay said...

happy belated birthday!! sorry i missed it!!

as soon as i saw the music i knew the age. it's scary how similar we are. i gotta get up there!

oh and redo the facebook invite. i can't get it to work

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!