Friday, August 22

PSF and BIG FISH

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

I have never been a fan of fishing. I refuse to touch a worm, I run away from the pole if the fish starts bouncing around once it's been caught, and I absolutely WILL NOT touch a fish. I don't eat fish, can't tolerate the smell of fish, and if they are pets in my home, I will absolutely (although not intentionally) kill them--go here and here and here for examples of my fish extermination.

But, Sophie likes to fish with her daddy and he bought her a little princess pole all for herself. Last weekend I thought, well, I suppose I could sit in the sun for a bit and just watch the two of them catch some fish. I do tend to worship the sun, so how bad could it be?

Once I saw Sophie holding her fishing pole and asking what to do if she catches one, I wanted one two! It took about 2 more minutes before I took over Nate's fishing pole. I actually liked it! The anticipation of whether a fish would bite or not was fun, and let me tell you--when they did bite? Holy cow-how exciting to reel it in! It was so cool! We ended up fishing both Saturday and Sunday and had tons of fun. Weird huh?

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Sophie and I caught the very 1st fish of the day at the exact same time!!!! Mine was the big one! Neither one of us would go near them though so Nate double fisted the fish!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Here's mine up close--we named him Buster the Bass!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Look at Nate's forearm--yep--that's gross huh? That little fish must have seen me standing there-I am after all--the evil executioner!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Sophie was thrilled see got a fish, and in mommy style-kept her distance!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Sophie caught a total of 3 fish that day-had to show Nate her GOD BLESS pose! (Look at the muscle in her legs and shoulders--man she is strong!)

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Piece of cake--this is sooooo easy!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Nate's big catch the next day. Sophie had long since lost interest. She liked chillin' in the shade with her puppy.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

This one was named Walter (about a 3 pound bass) because the day before Nate swore it was the 'one that got away' when Sophie and I ran home to grab the picnic lunch. He was so excited when Walter came back out to play on Sunday--just to prove he existed!

post signature

15 comments:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Such a special story of Daddy and Daughter! Thanks for sharing, she is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a great day, indeed! I am sure the dad and daughter had a great bonding moment.

My PSF is HERE.

tiarastantrums said...

love the story - but I'm with you, no likey - no touchy - no eaty!
Did you guys toss the fish back?

Burgh Baby said...

I don't believe you. There is no way that sitting there DOING NOTHING while you wait to see if a fish will bite can be exciting. Well, outside of the whole how great would it be to do nothing for half an hour thing, that is.

Great photo story!

Claremont First Ward said...

You know how I feel about fishing.....it looks like you guys had a fabulous time, and caught fish. That's a bonus! :)

Pdyrholm said...

usually I don't name the fish but interesting names ;-)

Looks like a great day :-) Just like the ones I love the best.

Great photo story Friday.
have a great weekend

Dee Light said...

What a great story!!! It reminds me of the book "Just Like Daddy". The child wants to do everything Daddy does, but when they go fishing Mommy is the first to catch the fish (so the kid want's to be just like Mommy).

What a great day, I'm glad you decided to be a part of it.

Chris said...

I'm with you on the fish. I once tried to keep pet fish, but one died and the other actually played dead until I flushed him.
It's great that your daughter can have these experiences with her dad.

Susan said...

I love fishing and have some very fond memories of going fishing with my grandpa and my uncles when I was little.
I was never a fan of baiting the hook, but everything else was great.

tommie said...

Looks like a super fun day! But I don't think I could ever take one off the hook.

Rose said...

Such a great day for Daddy and daughter, I used to love fishing with my dad and/or grandfather.

Then one year my grandfather told me that I had to clean the fish I caught, he showed me how, I cleaned three. It went well.

But I never fished again.

He lost his fishing partner that day.

It was lose, lose.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Fun fish stories with pictures to prove it!

kay said...

sooo cute!! i love the look on her face.

i have to admit i like to fish as long as someone else puts the worm on and takes the fish off. is that really fishing?

Cecily R said...

Okay, I SUCK and I somehow missed you last week!

I am so SO with you on the fish thing. They creep the crap out of me. I shudder just thinking about it!!

But the pictures? They actually make a fishing trip worth it!!!

Teapot said...

She looks so proud!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!