Thursday, November 27

A Thanksgiving Thursday 13

Today is the ultimate day of gratitude. All day long we will eat fantastic food, enjoy each others' company, appreciate everything we are thankful for, and try not to burn the house down turkey.

13 Reasons I am grateful today!

1. Hazel Eyes and a little chocolate goatee that never seems to wash off.

2. Flower footprints in the snow. (hard to see, but I have a bird to get in the oven, so no time to edit!)

3. Christmas lights! I even hang them in my kitchen I love them so much! Hooray it's finally Christmas season!!!!!

4. Holiday decorations and the days spent putting them up. I usually start right after Halloween.

5. The GREATEST family on the planet.

6. PRESENTS! Giving is way more fun! I love to wrap and make pretty bows. This year I got a head-start with Mamarazzi's Favorite Things Swap. This is what 'My Favorite Things' are supposed to look like. Sorry Andrea, I forgot about customs. I'm sure someone had fun unwrapping these-especially the um addiction--I swear it's not what you think!

7. Stockings to hang on the chimney with care. There was a Christmas not so long ago when I was truly scared Santa wouldn't come. Not only did he arrive that year, but we were even able to order these awesome Pottery Barn stockings to hang. I'll never forget how grateful I was that year!

8. Shadow dancing. I swear she comes up with the BEST stuff every time I just let.her.be.

9. Snowmen. These are the ones I have in my collection (and counting) but we also LOVE the real kind that we will hopefully be constructing shortly.
10. Twirly dresses and window shopping. Playing with Christmas toys at our local Target is highly entertaining.

11. Jack. The greatest dog ever. Oh puppy!

12. Christmas Bears (actually Mistletoe Bears). Our favorite memory of a favorite store-Marshall Field's-and a true source of creativity. (come back tomorrow for the PSF and you'll see what I mean.)

13. Belief in Santa and the anticipation, wonder, awe associated with his arrival while spending time with family and friends--eating, laughing, playing, and singing Christmas carols.

Now that's what I call Christmas!

Happy Thanksgiving--and let the Christmas season BEGIN!!!!!

gobble, gobble, gobble,

6 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

GREAT list!! so much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving...and i am with ya, bring on Christmas!!

Robyn said...

I love Christmas too.

Anonymous said...

You definitely have lots to be thankful for! I love Thanksgiving because its like the beginning of the best season of the year! We didn't put up our Christmas stuff though. Probably tonight!

Unknown said...

Happy Christmas and Merry Thanksgiving!

And I got to open the gifts, we told customs they were gifts for the kids and they had mercy on us :)

Kelly said...

awesome list! I love the pics that accompanied each one.

Just me said...

What a great list:) Shadow dancing! I love it! Jack is beautiful!! Err... Handsome {Said, in a low voice;}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!