Friday, November 14

PSF: A Mullethead with Chex Mix

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

Yep, that's right I gave myself a mullet. I mentioned a few days ago that bang mutilation was one of the side effects of taking clomid ~that my doctor failed to mention. Well, this week I have been blissfully 'normal' so I decided that maybe I could fix the bang problem. I thought that by simply cutting farther back and making more bangs I could cover up the short ones.


W--R--O--N--G!!!!!!!

Yeah, this picture looks weird, but seriously this is the hair I now have. I just didn't want to show the world what first thing in the morning looks like on my face. Now, with the help of photoshop that hopefully Santa will bring, these edits will highly improve, but for now I can only do my best with what I have.

Here's how I made these beautiful pictures of myself.

I used the doodle option on Picnik to erase my morning face and added a little frame around the pic as I'm told that makes for a better picture. Unfortunately the pink doodle makes my hair look redder than it is.

Then I did the same thing with 2 pictures of me that I like and saved them all as jpegs on my computer. One was used on the first pic above and the second one is below.


Once they were cropped to fit as best as I could, I simply used my powerpoint to layer the pictures so that it looked like I was wearing the hair. Not even close to professional I know, but I was entertained all morning today!


This is just to give you a little reference as to what the pics look like by themselves.

Think I can get away with this hat on Thanksgiving? My husband has been urging me for a month now to go get a haircut but why would I listen to reason? Well, besides the shame of letting my stylist see what I did, I now have to wait for it to grow out-so there's no chance in hell I'll be without a hat or at least pulling my hair up for quite some time. Damn hormones!

(Oh, and my engagement ring broke last week too! So now I while I waiting to have it fixed, I discovered that my wedding band is too big and falls off without the engagement ring. So, No wedding ring, indefinite BAD hair, and barely any tan left. Oh yeah, I have so much self confidence right now. )

But it's all in the spirit of creating another one of these!



She's so perfect! My God we did good with this one! Can you blame me for wanting to try again?

Here's something I wanted to mention too because when they officially have me committed to the loony bin, I want it documented that my craziness came with the best of intentions.

Last week Sophie came down with a brutal cold which it seems she has passed to many, many people--(sorry folks) but luckily not to me. In an effort to keep her as happy and comfortable as possible, I catered to her many whims on the day this picture was taken.

That means that I went through all of the bags of chex mix in the house and took out only the pieces she likes.


How's that for a crazy mom? It would help if someone from the makers of chex mix would read this and see that their 'cheesy triangles' are good enough to be packaged by themselves, but until then, I guess the guilt-ridden takers of the nasty lab-generated hormones will have to be the ones to cater to this particular taste.


Well, here's to a short week of rest before the next round of crazies kick in! This is going to be some holiday season that's for sure!!!!!!

17 comments:

Kelly said...

What talent you have with picnik. I could spend hours editing/playing with pictures. I can spend hours just looking at pictures.
What a GREAT Mom you are to pick out Sophie's favorites. CJ likes the pretzels out of the chex mix UNLESS it is the cheddar mix, then he eats it all. lol
I don't think your hair looks like a mullet at all. And if you really want to wear a hat to Thanksgiving...they do have some cute hats out these days.
Also...once you are a Mommy, you go so looney, that you are exempt from being carried off by the men in the white coats. Yep, that my theory and I think I will stick to it. :)
Have a GREAT weekend.

Anonymous said...

what a fun read

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I dig the mullet.

Kinda.

Sorta.

Not.

Okay, but I do love the chex mix! :)

Robyn said...

yep, your certifiable separating the chex mix:)

Anonymous said...

Awww you need a hug. And you are the world's best mommy to do that to chex mix. Seriously. And there's no wonder why you badly want another one of those - she's a beauty!

The Sports Mama said...

Occurrences like this are exactly why I am not allowed to even pick up scissors and lift them to anywhere near the vicinity of my hair!

CC said...

Love the hair-do! And you sure are one nice mommy to pick out all of the "good stuff"!

Mandy said...

Wow, my kids would love to come to your house! Digging out the best in the chex mix, impressed!

I did the clomid thing too and I have a Sophie, kinda funny.

Best of luck and fun post!

tommie said...

the mullet totally made me laugh!


But the Chex Mix....oh you had me at Chex Mix. During soccer season this fall, the kids got to pick a drink and a snack.....mine ALWAYS picked Chex Mix and Gatorade. The flavor of Gatorade varied...but the Chex Mix remained the same. Finally at the last game, the kids realized ....DUDE, we can pick candy!!!

Hopefully, they will forget by spring season!

Hope the princess is better soon!

Supercool Hotmama said...

You absolutely need another of those cuties! (I know I just can't get enough.) I can totally see where she gets her smile - the pic on the right sidebar just over the blue button is your exact face!

Unknown said...

That was a pretty funny post. I get my hair cut once a year - whenever we go home for vacation. It sends a lot of time up in a ponytail :)

And yep, those kids are worth all the loony stuff.

Mamarazzi said...

i am loving picnik...thanks for the tip a few weeks ago!!

now, seriously, you are an awesome mommy for picking through chex mix.

Anonymous said...

okay, lady, where in Chicago are you?

email me: spasm5 at att.net

Missy said...

LOL, you are hysterical. Love the mullet.
And the cheesy chex mix is the bomb. I eat everything except the pretzels. YUM.

Just me said...

LOL You had me laughing with your picture edits!

I think you're onto something there with the Chex Mix! Too funny, three bags of them! My guys love them too!

Anonymous said...

I am up here in( will email you later tuesday)

tag, ur it!

Claremont First Ward said...

Mullets were BIG back in the day! :) What a good mommy to fish out all the pieces she likes. Does she feel better now?

Here's to a good week! :) Happy Thanksgiving!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!