Thursday, March 19

PSF: 12 weeks? 13 weeks? Who's counting?

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



I was going to post this picture on my pregnancy blog and compare Sophie when she was in-utero to the new unborn baby, until yesterday when I discovered that I can't find any of Sophie's ultrasounds!!!! WTH???

I NEVER throw anything away. EVER! I still have clothes--no lie--from college in my closet. And yet I go to find VERY precious pictures of my favorite person in the world? nothing. nada. zilch. I've looked everywhere.

I'm so stressed! ARGHH!

Anyway, it's still fun to take a peek at my insides, so here's new-baby-on-the-way Widloe at her/his 13 week appointment. (The doctors said I was only 12 weeks 2 days--whatever.)

One of the best things about having to see a perinatologist is that they have all the best toys-- ultrasounds are AWESOME and all in 3-d! Whoohoo for complicated pregnancies!!
Oh, this is a profile pic and I went ahead and labeled some key parts-so you can see that he/she is throwing up her hands by ears-maybe to cover some of that giant head of his/hers!

Photobucket

Believe it or not, having that little nose show so soon is a VERY good sign that the risk of chromosomal abnormalities is very low. Well, that and all of my blood tests all came back normal. phew! I still can't believe I was brave enough to take those scary tests-especially after I heard 3 of my friends had false positives!

So there you have it--my uterus is alive and kicking and growing right on schedule. At least not everything about pregnancy is stressful!

Now, if I can just find Sophie's pictures, then maybe I'll relax--for a moment anyway.

11 comments:

Wayne said...

what a great baby picture. and I never know about the nose developing so early was a good sign.

great photo friday

AutoSysGene said...

Wow, look at that nose...and the head...looks like everything is progressing nice!! Well done, BabyWidloe!

Cathy said...

AWWW! I love ultrasound pictures! Congratulations! I'm glad everything is well!

Chris said...

It's wonderful to hear that the news is positive for you.

Relax -- you'll find the pictures.

lsnellings said...

I love ultrasound pictures! I am sure the others will turn up! Congratulations!

Nicole said...

Congrats on a healthy pregnancy! I hope it stays like that. There is nothing worse than stressing out about you and the baby.

tiarastantrums said...

congrats - looks beautiful!

Kelly said...

awww...thanks for sharing! I hope you find Sophie's pix.

kayerj said...

congratulations, love the "heart"

said...

I know how crappy it feels to have misplaced something important and not be able to stop thinking about it until it's found. I hope Sophie's pictures turn up soon!

Anonymous said...

i hope she/he will grow well....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!