Saturday, September 27

"Mommy Cards"
I was talking to a friend of mine awhile ago about how hard it is to meet people as a stay-at-home mom. Now, there are lots of groups and things to join, but most are costly and there is always the issue of scheduling and commuting which doesn't always work. Now there are those 'great' days when you are at the park and you happen to catch the right moment when several other moms decide to go that day and you can actually have some pretty good conversation. Not to mention the fact that these are the people who live close to you, so the chances of play dates and things are really good.
The problem comes in when it's time to go; no one actually has a pen and paper with them and since we can't remember each others names, who really has the guts to say, "Can we meet here again tomorrow?"
I don't know. I bet lots of moms out there do have that kind of confidence, but I know for a fact I don't. My friend agreed that it makes leaving weird sometimes. So, since she is a former graphic designer and loves the craft stores she came up with these:

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
(FYI--the markers are not actually on the cards--they have been "picnicked" in to hide my phone # and address.)
These are "Mommy Cards" that she designed specifically for me based on the colors from my blog and what she knows of me as a mom. She made some more for another friend of hers and I can tell you all of these cards are completely unique and match the mom behind the card. They are so cool!!!!!
Now when I go to the park, music class, open gym, or even the health club--if I happen to meet someone I would like to talk to again--I have all of my info with me in a nice little convenient card that fits in my pocket. Who said you had to work for a 'company' to have a business card? This is perfect!
I told her she should go into business. She's so creative--I almost hate to actually hand these out to people because they are sooooo cute! I guess I will just have to 'order' more from her soon. I just love the sparkly gems put on mine along with all the pink flowery stuff. WAY cute!!!
So, if you are interested--she's still in the experimenting phase, so cost is flexible and negotiable-all you need is a blog--or simply to be a 'stay-at-home kid-caretaker' in need of some friendships.
Just leave me a comment with your email and I will pass along the info to her.

6 comments:

tommie said...

I have had "mommy cards" since we lived in CA (2003)....all the moms in my playgroup had them. I have moved a couple of times since then, but I always order more once we get settled. We have been here almost three months, and I have yet to order more.....I guess I should. She did an amazing job! She should set up a shop on Etsy! I would totally get some from her!

scrappysue said...

those cards are such a cool idea!

Anonymous said...

those are so cute!!!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Great cards!

Flea said...

How very cool! Thanks for the reminder. I've have business card since my kids were wee bitty, and I've just run out. :) Again.

kay said...

these are ADORABLE!! i was just cleaning out my purse and found a scrap of paper with a mom's number on it. we wanted to set up a playdate and she didn't have anything to write on. i think it was the back of a receipt. anyway she would have been able to call me if i had some of those super cute cards!! love love love them

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!