Thursday, April 9

PSF: Right Now

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


I'm not the happiest of people immediately after opening my eyes in the morning. BUT,

When Sophie wakes up--you'd think she was rushing to see if Santa came --every morning. I usually give a cheerful 'good morning' or a quick little 'hey sleepy head!' That's about all I can muster up until I'm fully awake.

However,

I've noticed that if I give her an enthusiastic "HEDDOE Butter Bee--How are ya?" As if I haven't seen her in two years--she always -always- breaks into gigantic smiles and giggles and comes running to give spontaneous hugs and kisses. ALWAYS--just like it's Christmas morning.


It doesn't matter that the house isn't clean, or her playroom doesn't exist yet, or her stubborn cold just won't go away, or that it's cloudy and cold AGAIN outside, or she won't get to go to the zoo yet, or that she didn't get to play her favorite game last night, or that I said NO to the millionth cookie that she wanted instead of dinner last night.


None of that matters because she lives in the moment. She is concerned with being happy right NOW.
Not tomorrow because it's not here yet and not yesterday because she knows it's gone and doesn't give it a second thought.

My new goal: make that' Christmas Morning' face appear on my little mouse as often as possible and start learning everything I can from my offspring who is most noticeably smarter than me.

So in the words of the great Van Halen--Right Now is Everything!

Life is good!

16 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

LOVE that goal!!

Shellie said...

She's so cute and that's great advice. I doubt I'll follow it first thing in the morning, but after ten a.m., say?

Michelle said...

She sounds absolutely adorable! :)

Happy PSF!

Wayne said...

just like a god breakfast you need a good wake up to start the day off right.

great photo friday

Chris said...

You quoted Van Halen?! You could be my new best friend.

Kids just choose to be happy, and it's very infectious -- most of the time.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Wow, such a happy and perky little girl! I am not a morning person either. I need to take notes from this spunky princess!

Nicki said...

I love this post! Its like, helping little kids have as many wonderful moments as possible!!!

scrappysue said...

right on. as toni morrison says 'do your eyes light up when your child walks in the room?' something to think about huh - and you have!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

great plan!
I'm SO not a morning person, I hear quiet "can I watch TV" from the little ones who get up too early for me!

Raise Them Up said...

Her smile is just huge! What a great gift to be able to wake up with that! For her, and you!

Claremont First Ward said...

I always try to remember this. I'm usually not successful. :) How are you?

CC said...

It sure looks like she is having fun!

And they always are smarter than us, aren't they?

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

A-men to that sister. Today truly always is the "present" literally and figuratively my friend.

Happy Easter to you and your fam!

Robyn said...

I hope you accomplish your goal.

Stephanie said...

What a cutie! Wish we all woke up that way in the morning!

Corey~living and loving said...

I couldn't agree with you...or her, more! :) ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!