Thursday, April 16

PSF: No picture can describe....

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek




Since this is PhotoStory Friday I need a photo:



This photo was taken about a month ago when Sophie was painting her rock collection. Today's story has little to do with this photo except that it is one of the last three pictures I ever took with my handy-little-pocket-sized-go-with-me-everywhere Sony Cybershot.

I'm feeling a little lost. Sophie through a fit and knocked the camera out of my hands My camera broke and a replacement has not yet been purchased.

So far, I've been OK. It's been about a week and a half, and besides EASTER (argh) I've not missed being able to snap pictures. The weather has been icky and we've been stuck in the house.

This morning however, I got my first pang of Man I need a camera--NOW! You see because Sophie and I were coloring the other day and she loves to give me her finished pictures with a little flourish like TaDa! I immediately say, "This is gorgeous--I'm putting on the fridge for the world to see." and I do.

Well, this time I actually finished a picture so I promptly gave it to her. TaDa! She immediately said, "It's gorgeous Mommy, I'm putting it on my refrigerator."

Now her refrigerator is a Step II plastic one. Very cute, but magnets won't work. I didn't give it another thought- thinking she would just end up throwing it around the room somewhere--or--eventually come and beg me to give her the tape dispenser. Nothing ever happened.

Until this morning. I just happened to glance over at Sophie's fridge.

Here's what I saw...

TaDa!

((Insert picture of my picture half hanging out the door of her refrigerator for the world to see.))

SIGH.
I want a picture of this! And it's not because I want the world to see my beautiful, almost-in the lines coloring either. She is totally smarter than me and figured out a way to hang a picture that I never even thought possible. Since I have no picture to describe--I'll have to stick with words . UGH!

Moral to this story? Don't drop a digital camera.

Oh well. Here's to a beautiful wordy weekend full of family (SHOPPING) time!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

So, did she paint her whole collection...?? :)
Good luck with getting a new camera!!

Wayne said...

I hope you get a new camera soon.
I bet she has quie a rock collection

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

That is such a bummer :(
Hope you replace it soon..... ya before your new little bundle of joy arrives!

Nicki said...

LOL, that IS smart! Does your cellphone have a camera? (Not that I should assume everyone has a cell phone, even...) Cell phone pictures aren't the best quality, but I end up taking almost all of my kid photos with my camera, just because I can carry it in my pocket and don't have to worry about losing it or having a camera bag hanging awkwardly over my shoulder as I chase the baby around!

tiarastantrums said...

hope you get your new one soon

Live.Love.Eat said...

Bummer!!! We couldn't live without our camera for a day it seems. But that's cute she found a good spot for your drawing. Smartie pants!!!!

Corey~living and loving said...

Awww what a cutie....she is smart. I would NEED a picture of that too. I hope you can replace the camera soon.

Honey Mommy said...

I don't know what I would do without a camera. Probably have a nervous breakdown!

Meg said...

we can't wait to rock paint this summer - our 2 year old has been collecting rocks already!

Anonymous said...

any updates coming ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!