Friday, February 27

PSF: Sunny skies and Skittles are here to stay!

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



Life is good.

What? WTH does that mean anyway? That is the question of the year.

I've seen this little slogan everywhere for as long as I can remember, but until about 3:30A.M. today I had completely forgotten it's existence. and Truth.

Life is good. Period. That's it. Nothing to it.

For what seems like 2 years really only to be 2 months I've been living in a cave. A dark, scary, smelly, depressing cave of gloom and doom. I couldn't see something good if it came up and bit me on the nose.

Today I realized -- Life is good. It's totally true. All you have to do is look for it-and sometimes you don't even have to do that-it just shows up.

I forgot that when all else fails, I can always come back to my land of rainbows and butterflies because after all, the GOOD is the glue that keeps my family tight as can be, and what's not good about rainbows and butterflies? They are pretty, cute, gentle, colorful, bright, hopeful, and sweet.

In the past whenever we have experienced bumps in the road I have simply focused on all of the fun that is my SOPHIE and everything we do together. The more I focused on the good stuff, the less important the problems seemed.

I can't believe I forgot about this little trick!

Unfortunately, it works the other way too as I have learned the hard way. The more I focused on problems the less important the good stuff seemed. EEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!

It got so bad I even stopped blogging, and I LOVE BLOGGING!!!!
That's it!--no more nonsense. no more ickiness. I refuse to dwell on the bad stuff. It only proves to help crumble what my husband and I are painstaking trying to build--so from now on--I'm focusing on the glue that keeps us together--the good stuff.

Life is good.

Here's an example: February 7--not a cloud in the sky, not a speck of snow remaining, it's 65 degrees out and Sophie gets HOURS of outside time.

Life is FABULOUS!

I even got a little color on my cave-dwelling cheeks! (and you all know how much I adore being in the SUN!)
Fun!
This picture was taken on the 10th when the same kind of day happened again! BAM! Spring, right in the middle of winter, how cool is that??

I have also decided that in addition to focusing on the good stuff with Sophie I am going to journal on my other blog that I have renamed, It's All About the Baby, about all of my trials of being pregnant. I think it will benefit me because even when I am focusing on the positive, sometimes pregnancy can be downright scary. It is certainly GLAMOROUS if you know what I mean.

But I do want to keep it separate from the world of jelly beans and High School Musicals that is my journey with Sophie.
Oh yeah, we did have our HSM3 party complete with Mickey's D's and Shamrock Shakes on our famous magic table--totally fun! Plus, we recently discovered a yummy new cereal in honor of the terrific trilogy. Whoohoo for that!
Life is good!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Welcome Back!!! I have truly missed you.
It is always better to focus on the good rather than the not so good. But it is also hard to remember that all the time. Good lesson to learn.
HUGS

tiarastantrums said...

so true words

Cupcake Dessert said...

i love that picture!! you little one is so cute!!!

Wayne said...

great picture of the kid.


I was also wondering if you would like to take part in my blog called tell a joke tuesday. it has mr linky so the world can laugh at you funny story or jokes you tell

tommie said...

those warm summer days in the midst of winter are what make it possible on most days!!Love the grin on her face

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Oh yes! Life IS good! I'm so glad you remembered to remember that. : D (Sophie's adorable.)

Corey~living and loving said...

I'm a "life is good" culprit in your life, huh?

I say it all the time, because I do believe in the power of positive. :)

also...this isn't a dress rehersal...this is it...we better enjoy it, huh?

Cecily R said...

Life IS good my friend. We can keep reminding each other. :)

imbeingheldhostage said...

It's hard to notice the good when cave-dwelling, isn't it? I've popped in and out of that cave too it takes posts like this to inspire me to get some color on my cheeks :-)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Glad that you are planning to focus on the good...... Life IS good, it just sometimes throws us stuff we don't want to deal with. Here's to the good! :)

Holly said...

You are so right -- focusing on the good in life helps you feel better and saves your sanity. I know from experience, like you!

Do you know about the company called Life Is Good? They have some fun clothes, accessories and things for dogs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Bling

Songs we know by heart!